log1.JPG
log2.JPG
log3.JPG
log4.JPG
log5.JPG
log6.JPG
log7.JPG
Description of the events that occurred:
As the CE I was trying to set up a singularity engine. The station engineer thought he was too cool for command and decided to shoot every part I got into space, including 2 particle accelerator crates and a singularity generator, wasting a bunch of time and credits. After that he continued to act like a child and instigated attacking me by turning on an emitter to shoot me and pushing me to steal my tools. I tried to pick up the welder but he picked it up first and so I accidentally grabbed a nearby plant and hit him with it when I tried to shove him back (twice). I put the plant down and pushed him again to try and get the welder back at which point he picked up the plant and hit me with it 5 times, escalating the situation for no reason. I responded by getting my jaws of life out and tried to defend myself but he ended up killing me since I wanted to make sure he was actually trying to kill me and not just hitting me back twice for revenge.
Why you believe they should be punished: Broke rules 0., 0a., and 0d. as an admin and is just generally a dick in game even when not griefing (including other rounds not mentioned).

TapiocaSquid

Yaki
Game Master
I feel you neglected to mention the fact that you were setting up to delaminate the SM and make it go singulo.

at least, that's what I could see you doing, can't think of any other feasible reason you were setting up field generators around the SM

Consul

Assistant
I feel you neglected to mention the fact that you were setting up to delaminate the SM and make it go singulo.

at least, that's what I could see you doing, can't think of any other feasible reason you were setting up field generators around the SM
That doesn't address why you were shooting my stuff into space in the first place and acting like a dick when asked about it. Secondly, I'm the CE. Setting up a field generator around the SM doesn't give you a reason to attack me, steal my stuff, and kill me. If you were so concerned you could have easily called security. Would you like to address those points now?

TapiocaSquid

Yaki
Game Master
I did call security. It was one man, he was busy with other things and didn't have the necessary access. I attacked you because you attacked me first. Potted plants have a force of 10, meaning you dealt 20 damage to me. I don't buy you saying "I didn't realise I picked up the plant" for a few reasons: your whole sprite changes when you're holding the plant; you're unable to swap hands, and it's pretty noticible when you hit someone with a plant.

Setting up a field generator around the thing you can use as a bootleg Singularity generator does give me reason to instantly distrust you, and you attacking me gave me a reason to attack back. Shoving you over does not equate attacking. You also had at least two seconds to move away from the emitter after it was turned on, considering you were standing directly in front of it, it would be very hard to not notice the change in its sprite.

Does that adequately address the points?

Consul

Assistant
I did call security. It was one man, he was busy with other things and didn't have the necessary access. I attacked you because you attacked me first. Potted plants have a force of 10, meaning you dealt 20 damage to me. I don't buy you saying "I didn't realise I picked up the plant" for a few reasons: your whole sprite changes when you're holding the plant; you're unable to swap hands, and it's pretty noticible when you hit someone with a plant.

Setting up a field generator around the thing you can use as a bootleg Singularity generator does give me reason to instantly distrust you, and you attacking me gave me a reason to attack back. Shoving you over does not equate attacking. You also had at least two seconds to move away from the emitter after it was turned on, considering you were standing directly in front of it, it would be very hard to not notice the change in its sprite.

Does that adequately address the points?
No. You still haven't addressed why you were shooting my stuff into space from round start, the first thing I pointed out which you are consistently avoiding explaining. As for the emitter, I was focusing on trying to talk to you while you were apparently more focused on attacking me for no reason. Also, as is clearly shown in the logs, I hit you twice and put down the plant and then started pushing you as I initially intended. If I was trying to kill you why would I put down the plant? After that you picked up the same plant and started hitting me constantly while I didn't retaliate until after 5 hits. With that clarified, please explain all issues mentioned instead diverting. Thanks.

*Also just want to add. I didn't say, "I didn't realise I picked up the plant". What I didn't realize is that when I had the plant equipped it would turn my push intent into an attack instead. "I accidentally grabbed a nearby plant and hit him with it when I tried to shove him back"

Last edited:

TapiocaSquid

Yaki
Game Master
Because singularities almost always go loose and destroy the station. Almost every single time someone has built one, it has gotten loose. It's not even something you can do as a joke. We did talk, for like four minutes or something, in which nothing was achieved by either party in the discussion, and you called me an autistic retard idiot and used OOC terms IC. Which you had been doing the entire round, before I started trying to stop your plan of making a singularity, not even just towards me but to the other engineer as well.

As far as I knew, you were shoving me to stun me and make it easier to kill me. The whole time we were talking you had your welding tool out, totally not threatening or anything.

TapiocaSquid

Yaki
Game Master
*Also just want to add. I didn't say, "I didn't realise I picked up the plant". What I didn't realize is that when I had the plant equipped it would turn my push intent into an attack instead. "I accidentally grabbed a nearby plant and hit him with it when I tried to shove him back"
You have 78 hours on AuStation, I don't believe for a second you don't know that you attack someone when holding a plant.

Consul

Assistant
Because singularities almost always go loose and destroy the station. Almost every single time someone has built one, it has gotten loose. It's not even something you can do as a joke. We did talk, for like four minutes or something, in which nothing was achieved by either party in the discussion, and you called me an autistic retard idiot and used OOC terms IC. Which you had been doing the entire round, before I started trying to stop your plan of making a singularity, not even just towards me but to the other engineer as well.

As far as I knew, you were shoving me to stun me and make it easier to kill me. The whole time we were talking you had your welding tool out, totally not threatening or anything.
"Because X almost always happens when Y" is not a reason to disobey command and grief people. The first interaction I had with you in that round, which I couldn't log, was you saying "You building a tesla or singulo?" and then throwing my particle accelerator into space when I replied singulo. You were also the first person start throwing insults, as shown in the logs, "You're a retard who's going to get us killed." And while I do regret getting angry and responding to you acting like a child by also acting like a child, you're an admin, you're supposed to be the role model.

Consul

Assistant
You have 78 hours on AuStation, I don't believe for a second you don't know that you attack someone when holding a plant.
Believe it or not, in those 78 hours I never felt the need to grab a nearby pot plant and starting hitting people with it. Most of those hours are in sandbox as an engineer, which is why I'm the CE and trying to set up a singularity generator because every other time I do someone (like you) fucks it up.

TapiocaSquid

Yaki
Game Master
maybe because those other people, with more experience than you, have seen singularity engines fail time and again.

Consul

Assistant
maybe because those other people, with more experience than you, have seen singularity engines fail time and again.
So instead of saying, "Hey do you want help setting up the singularity, CE?" You decide to just throw my shit into space and then say "I didn't see anything." when asked about it and just waste both of our time and act like a dick?

Also to respond to this part which I missed, I had a welding tool out because I was trying to weld the shit down that you were unwelding (as shown in logs) and you also shoved me first (perhaps to kill me maybe)?

Nus127

Janitor
Game Admin
OK, after this shitshow, i must ask you if the singularity you PLANNED to set up was in the middle of 7x7 space tiles, had no way for the singularity to possibly EMP the nearest APC or Emitter, and if you had any prior knoweldge to the fact that you want to setup a babysit engine which can and likely will go loose as it only takes 1 person to turn off a single emitter. Judging from the fact you set up field gens around the SM gave full reason to believe you planned to delam the sm violently which mind you, means a singularity YOU CANT CONTROL will be loose as it was originally the SM itself. Hitting someone did infact escalate to retaliation but mind you, the murder it self was bad but if medical were present you'd of been taken there to be revived but all your work undone due to the highest chance of loose singulo killing everyone.

Nus127

Janitor
Game Admin
You're both in some wrong but at the same time the death of one person is better than a "fucky wucky" singuloose which eats the station and ends the round

Consul

Assistant
OK, after this shitshow, i must ask you if the singularity you PLANNED to set up was in the middle of 7x7 space tiles, had no way for the singularity to possibly EMP the nearest APC or Emitter, and if you had any prior knoweldge to the fact that you want to setup a babysit engine which can and likely will go loose as it only takes 1 person to turn off a single emitter. Judging from the fact you set up field gens around the SM gave full reason to believe you planned to delam the sm violently which mind you, means a singularity YOU CANT CONTROL will be loose as it was originally the SM itself. Hitting someone did infact escalate to retaliation but mind you, the murder it self was bad but if medical were present you'd of been taken there to be revived but all your work undone due to the highest chance of loose singulo killing everyone.
Yes it was. It was in a large area far above the AI sat. I didn't get a change to even set that up properly though, because as mentioned 2 particle accelerator crates were thrown into space and the singularity generator was unwrenched from the center of the area and thrown into space. I admit I was kinda memeing by putting field generators around the SM but I wasn't going to blow it up because I'm not a traitor (I didn't touch any of the pipes and after the field generators were turned on there was no way people could even get to the SM so it was basically extra security). And again, at every point in this interaction I only responded to previous escalations (throwing my shit into space, shooting me with an emitter, pushing me and taking my tools). He also locked me in the cargo space cannon when I tried to stop him shooting my shit into space at which point he laughed and called me an idiot (if I remember correctly).
I don't really see how I'm in the wrong here besides accidentally hitting him with a pot plant twice, which I tried to deescalate by letting him hit me 5 times before retaliating. I also think the behavior in this thread is quite telling. Constantly deflecting and lying. There is straight up no reason he should have even started throwing my shit into space and wasting an hour of my time as well as the QMs.

Consul

Assistant
You're both in some wrong but at the same time the death of one person is better than a "fucky wucky" singuloose which eats the station and ends the round
Also, kinda unrelated, but literally 30 seconds after I died a bread singularity was released and almost everyone died. Maybe he should have been more concerned with taking care of the bakers.

Nus127

Janitor
Game Admin
It was safe to assume that the thing which sealed most of the fate was when Squid seen the SM field generators, there was no gaurantee you werent going to blow the sm for a chance at a singulo so it was safe to assume you had planned to do so. Traitors can be any head besides hop and cap.

Squid was in the wrong for killing you but escalation for said death was justified as defence even if they should have at most hit you to crit. Hopefully in future events you can both actually work together instead of this fight.

Also in response to the bread sinfulo, no one knew what the fuck would happen if you just constantly feed the bread maker so that was unknown territory at the time.

Consul

Assistant
It was safe to assume that the thing which sealed most of the fate was when Squid seen the SM field generators, there was no gaurantee you werent going to blow the sm for a chance at a singulo so it was safe to assume you had planned to do so. Traitors can be any head besides hop and cap.

Squid was in the wrong for killing you but escalation for said death was justified as defence even if they should have at most hit you to crit. Hopefully in future events you can both actually work together instead of this fight.

Also in response to the bread sinfulo, no one knew what the fuck would happen if you just constantly feed the bread maker so that was unknown territory at the time.
This whole thing started by him being a dick and metagrudging by throwing my shit into space. Even if we say that me getting killed is fair game. What about the rest of it?
I believe I have made my reason for stopping you very clear at this point. if you're not able to understand why I was trying to stop you from making a singularity at this point then I don't know what else to say to you.
"Oh I think you're too retarded to set up the singularity engine in the usual location with all the required parts. I'm not even going to see how you set it up or what you do I'm just going to immediately ruin your game and grief you by throwing your ordered shit into space."
Is this allowed? Am I allowed to destroy other players stuff if I think they're retarded? Do I need any basis for thinking they're retarded or can I just metagrudge and use that as an excuse to disobey command and act like a dick?

Status
Not open for further replies.