walterekurtz - Breaking laws as a borg, possible revenge rdm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolsurf6

Assistant
Your Byond name: Coolsurf6
Your character name: Jack Olsen
Their Byond name (if known):
walterekurtz
Their character name:
Peacekeeper Android-935, Miner Android-736
Time and date:
13/11/2019 10:40PM
Round ID:
Logs and/or screenshots:
First time they attacked me

Peacekeeper Android-935 battered you in the head with the fire extinguisher!
The exosuit fabricator beeps, "The cyborg right leg is complete."
Your armor has softened a hit to your head!
Peacekeeper Android-935 thunked you in the head with the fire extinguisher!
Your armor has softened a hit to your head!
Peacekeeper Android-935 bashed you in the head with the fire extinguisher!
Your armor has softened a hit to your right leg!
Peacekeeper Android-935 thunked you in the right leg with the fire extinguisher!
You overload Peacekeeper Android-935's sensors with the flash!
You extend the baton.

Someone else who was attacked

[Common] Alison Basinger says, "Borg rogue"
Casey Mothwards places the cigar butt into the disposal unit.
[Common] Jack Olsen asks, "Which one?"
Jack Olsen asks, "Which one?"
[Common] Alison Basinger says, "Miner 736"
[Common] Med-di queries, "Which?"
[Common] Jack Olsen asks, "What they do?"
Jack Olsen asks, "What they do?"
[Common] Casey Mothwards asks, "What did they do?"
The helmet on the hardsuit disengages.
You open the sterile mesh package.
You begin applying the regenerative mesh on yourself...
[Common] Alison Basinger says, "Attacked with a mining drill"

Change their laws to asimov in case they would try anything else

Miner Android-736 selected for law changes.
Upload complete. Miner Android-736's laws have been modified.

They did indeed try something and attacked me

Miner Android-736 attacked you in the head with the cyborg mining drill!
[Common] Jack Olsen says, "ALright"
Jack Olsen says, "ALright"
[Common] Jack Olsen says, "Miner borg is just a minge"
Jack Olsen says, "Miner borg is just a minge"

Description of the events that occurred:
I wasn't sure what their human name was, all I know was they really really wanted to kill me for some reason. I was making posibrains to make new borgs, and they basically run around and also said things like "guess who it is". After a while, they just ran into robotics and started trying to kill me with a fire extinguisher but was quickly disposed of.

I then created more posibrains, I assumed they would come back so after hearing that one of the borgs were rogue, I gave them asimov. After that they came into RnD and just attacked me and ran when I pulled a flash out. I locked them down and never saw them again as I assumed they ghosted.

Why you believe they should be punished:

Possibly revenge RDM, blatantly attacking and minging even with laws stating they can't harm. Talked with Mick about it but they headed off since it was late. Should have saved a recording but didn't bother.

mick1299

Janitor
Game Admin
Disclaimer to any other admins following this up, the round ID was actually 2435.

Upon reviewing the logs, Walter was found to have attacked as a peacekeeper borg:

ATTACK: walterekurtz/(Peacekeeper Android-935) has attacked Coolsurf6/(Jack Olsen) with fire extinguisher (INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 73.8)

And later again attacked as a mining borg:

ATTACK: walterekurtz/(Miner Android-736) has attacked Coolsurf6/(Jack Olsen) with cyborg mining drill (INTENT: HARM) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 80.9)

Reviewing logs from other rounds also reveals pretty strong evidence of a metagrudge, with Walter attacking you within a minute of a round beginning in round 2450:

[2019-11-14 11:14:40.302] ATTACK: Walter E. Kurtz/(Max Power) has attacked Coolsurf6/(Jack Olsen) with briefcase (INTENT: HELP) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 92)

Thank you for bringing this to my attention the other day, its hard to notice these trends unless the effected players point them out.

Whoever, this also brings up another issue. The meta grudge goes both ways. In round 2435, you told a borg to flash Walter simply on the premise that they were a nerd:

[2019-11-13 11:51:46.141] SAY: Coolsurf6/(Jack Olsen) "Stun this nerd"
[2019-11-13 11:51:50.212] SAY: Brandon Holmes/(Cathargo. Delenda. Est.) "Why?"
[2019-11-13 11:51:52.858] SAY: Coolsurf6/(Jack Olsen) "Do it"

[2019-11-13 11:52:32.738] ATTACK: Brandon Holmes/(Cathargo. Delenda. Est.) has flashed(AOE) Walter E. Kurtz/(Max Power) with the flash
[2019-11-13 11:52:34.867] ATTACK: Brandon Holmes/(Cathargo. Delenda. Est.) has flashed(AOE) Walter E. Kurtz/(Max Power) with the flash

You had them stunned simply because of who they were, not because of anything they had done during the round. Because of this, I've decided to hand you a ban until Saturday for participating in the meta grudge. It would be longer, but you didn't resort to violence while Walter did.

On that note, I believe this thread can be locked

Last edited:

coolsurf6

Assistant
Yeah, this thread can be closed. I will provide some context on how I think this started:

Max Powers always plays lawyer and at one point we got into a fight and I robusted them with security and they were taken to security. They were then killed by a changeling cause they were knocked out or restrained on a bed so they died. Ever since they would come up to me and constantly attack me so I figured they were a minge. They had done it again that round so I asked the borg to just flash them cause they tried to attack or threaten me again.

I am not really that happy about being banned for this as the guy kept attacking me, even more than I had reported but I guess I can accept it. It would seem a bit strange that I now would have a ban on record for something I wasn't fully at fault for and had tried to stop by multiple ahelps when no admins were on.

Status
Not open for further replies.