Status
Not open for further replies.
Byond account and character name: HideAndSeekLOGIC
Banning admin: CubeTastic
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Game Ban
Ban reason and length: 7 days, pinging people
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 10:50ish GMT+10
Your side of the story:
Saw Emily doing Emily things and instantly pinged the people in charge of the community that they have 'breached containment', as a joke. However, as the saying goes, "in every joke, there is a grain of truth."
Why you think you should be unbanned:

There are several reasons.

1. The pinging was done with a good reason
Or, at least a reason worthy of someone up above having a look. Emily is generally known for posting cringe and steering conversations towards things I don't think people want to see in #general - when I saw the recent furry posting and uwus, it was clear I had to at least get the staff's attention about it to see what they think about it. Instead of weighing in on the topic to at least a marginal extent, the actual concern in question was completely ignored in favour of "i see red 1 and it mek me angery".

2. This is a server ban, not a discord ban
Sure, punishment is punishment. However, it doesn't really make sense for there to exist to completely separate types of punishment for completely different things, and then for them to be used interchangeably. When I received the additional 2 day ban for pinging admins, I could trace a weak, if existent, connection to the conversation itself where every admin was pinged twice as a joke to remove a ban which would've ended in a few hours. This, however, seems to me like a completely different situation - a person was bein a bit of a poofta in chat, so I informed the correct people about this to let them come to their own conclusions about how to proceed; even if that was excessive and possibly deserving some sort of punishment on its own, it does seem in my opinion of a completely different nature to something which would result in a server ban.

In conclusion,
this ban doesn't really make too much sense.

Cubetastic

Assistant
1. The pinging was not good, in my opinion.

2. Yeah, thats fair. We had a discussion among admin team, and we need to be more consistent in our punishments. I'll remove the week ban, but you'll receive some form of discord punishment instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.