Apple_107 - psychenurse

Status
Not open for further replies.

psychnurse

Assistant
Byond account and character name: Psychnurse - Kay Toberly
Banning admin: Apple_107
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Perma
Ban reason and length: Took the caps spare ID and a fireaxe, killed four antagonists on a whim because they "Broke into caps office" Chronis powergaming, was previously pemabanned, no sign of improvement
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2020-09-16 18:20:00 - 7:29 NSW time

Your side of the story:
Didn't steal the axe, took it from a gangmember breaking into caps office. Took out the gang members as they attacked me. Grabbed the caps ID to hand out mind shields due to no one else having access.

Been banned a week now, only reopening my appeal as the last note from the banning admin was "I've changed my opinion, I don't think I was justified in going for a straight-up perma" which implies that I should not have been perma banned rather temp banned.

If I had known that during a gang round where noone has access to mind shields you are still not allowed to grab the caps spare ID to begin handing out mind shields, I wouldn't have taken the ID and I obviously won't be taking it again under similar circumstances in future. I mentioned this in my last appeal but I wasn't trying to power game and this seemed like a grey area in the rules (Which has now been clarified) as there was no viable way to gain access to the mind shields at that time.

It does raise an issue with gang rounds though if the round is able to start and no one has access to mind shields there is no way to combat the gang besides murder which is no fun for people unlucky enough to be gang members.

Could we look into granting emergency access to mind shield crates and containers or not allowing gangs to run unless someone has selected Cap, Hop, Hos or warden? If a work around is not put in place this issue is most likely going to come up again in future with another player.

psychnurse

Assistant
Yeah but the tinfoil hat doesnt remove people from the gang. Me and the assistant were trying to rescue people from the gang. Preferably without having to kill them

psychnurse

Assistant
Also i got to test that feature during the round. My hat was taken off me by a gang member lawyer and when he put it on the gang affiliation wssnt removed. He still needed to be given a mindshield.

TheFakeElon

Security
Game Master
Yeah I don't 100% agree with a perma for the mindshield "powergaming" alone, waiting on ruling from banning admin

Apple_107

Assistant
I don't 100% agree with it either, I said this in the first appeal you posted, it was then closed because terra wanted you to wait a month.

I'm still for unbanning him here.

Status
Not open for further replies.