Apple_107 - psychenurse

Status
Not open for further replies.

psychnurse

Assistant
Byond account and character name: Psychnurse - Kay Toberly
Banning admin: Apple_107
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Perma
Ban reason and length: Took the caps spare ID and a fireaxe, killed four antagonists on a whim because they "Broke into caps office" Chronis powergaming, was previously pemabanned, no sign of improvement
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2020-09-16 18:20:00 - 7:29 NSW time
Your side of the story: I saw gang signs and saw it was a gang round, walk past the caps office via the hallway, theres 4 people there, the bartender, clown, medical doctor andrew ryals (Who was a gang leader but I did not know this at the time) and someone else possibly the botanist. Theyve blown up part of the wall and are about to unsecure the last girder to get into the captains office and theyre all crowded in tight. Im a debtor and theres maybe one sec officer (Detective) online. I push the first guy over who I think was the clown and he had a fireaxe which I pick up and use to take him out, they begin to attack me and I incapacitate most of them with the fireaxe I now have. (Please note I didnt steal the axe one of them did which made me think they were all gang on top of the fact they had blown up the caps office). Some other people tried to kill me and I incapacitated or killed them, dont know if they were gang or just thought I was the bad guy. Then I broke the last bit of the wall, took the caps ID, went straight to sec and attempted to grab the mindshields. I gave one to an assistant, myself and a lawyer after breaking into sec because the ai would not help. then the gang members showed up while we were preparing to go out into the station and assist people and I was killed.
Why you think you should be unbanned:
There wasnt any sec on bar one guy and I kinda thought hed be dead by that point in the round, I was just trying to do what the HOS or Captain would have done if there was one. I didnt think I was powergaming and that those gang members were valid for attempting to break into the caps office. I didnt steal the axe they did, and I was only trying to get mindshields for the crew via the caps ID in the absence of all sec officers and no HOP/Cap

Apple_107

Assistant
Initially I didn't have a problem with your actions on killing the four antagonists, it was when you took the caps spare and broke into sec, as well as a double-check of your notes, that I took issue.

If you took the axe off the clown, that's fine.

You've been permabanned previously for similar behaviour of killing a guy for being in chemistry, as well as an array of notes for similar powergaming.

I passed this by Nus and Terra, Terra agreed with permabanning you again.

psychnurse

Assistant
So even on a gang round where noone has access to mindshields you arent allowed to grab the caps ID to start handing out mindshields to the crew? Im being banned for taking the caps ID on a game mode which is based around mindshields. Yet noone had access to the mindshields. The only way to get access to the mindshields is having an ID able to unlock them and even if theres no cap or hos or hop, we arent allowed to go get said ID to try and stop a gang from converting everyone on station and blowing it up. Not to mention the fact that the gangs were after the ID themselves and there was only a girder left in the wall to the caps office. Its not like I hacked all the doors to get to it, I just secured it and began trying to mind shield people.

Should I have run around with my axe instead, killing gang members rather than trying to keep the rest of the crew and the shift alive with the mindshields? We always get told not to murderbone. Or just ignore it all and pretend its not happening.

I feel this one is completely unwarranted. Can I get this reviewed by someone?

Last edited:

psychnurse

Assistant
I understand taking the caps id is not what you're supposed to do but considering the circumstances it seemed like the only way to combat the gang. I dont think that im the only person who would have taken the id in the situation that theres noone on station capable of opening the mindshields, isnt that a valid enough reason to take the captains spare

Shouldn't this be more about clarifying a grey area in the rules rather than a ban?

Last edited:

Apple_107

Assistant
Sorry for not responding sooner, asked two more admemes.

I've changed my opinion, I don't think I was justified in going for a straight-up perma, main reason being I was unaware of the fact you did not steal the fire axe, rather stole it off somebody else.

Although banning admin, I think Terra wanted to make some remarks regarding this, as I brought it up with him before banning you as well.

terra

Terra
Host
I really think you need to take about a month off before attempting a ban appeal to be honest. when you get permad, it doesn't mean "instantly ban appeal"
denying for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.