MerryMoose's Permanent Ban Appeal 🙇🏽

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merasmus

Greytide
Byond account and character name: MerryMoose, known as 'Solid Snake' at time of ban
Banning admin: Mick
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Metacomming with Archeoid/Arcane
Ban reason and length: Permanent
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 29/9/2019 16:55:21 Round ID 1964

I would like to appeal the permanency of my ban. I apologise for what I have done, and I understand that by metacomming I have gained an unfair advantage, and I promise to fully relinquish my metacomming ways. I don't think a permanent ban is justified for what I have actually done. I never metacommed for the explicit purpose of gaining an advantage, I only wanted to have a fun time ERP'ing with my friend.

Because AuStation is the only playable server on this side of the planet, it is essentially my only opportunity to play SS13.

I really fell in love with this game, I racked up hundreds of hours on your server in only a month or two. It became a significant part of my life, I love the community, and the game itself, and the thought that I won't be able to play it again is very saddening.

All I ask is that a my permanent ban is replaced with a timed one, I only want another chance to play the game.

Urytion

Assistant
I've had to deal with you metacomming with Archeoid a couple times. You've usually escaped punishment because it's Arch that seems to be doing most of the shittery. I was the one who put the "last warning" note on both of your accounts, and it looks like it has caught up with you.

I am not opposed to decreasing the amount of time on your ban (note, YOUR ban, Archeoid will have to appeal separately and I suspect will not be treated as kindly). I propose two weeks of bantime (on top of the time you've been banned already), during which time you will play on another server and not be a shitter. If you step out of line in another major way, or start metacomming again, it will be a proper permanent ban. It's Mick's and Terra's call, this is just my two cents.

terra

Terra
Host
I agree with Urytion on this one; my experience with you ingame has mostly been positive, although metacomms is a big smear on that record. I would be happy to give my vote on switching this to a tempban, but I'll wait for Mick's opinion as the banning admin.
Please note that if you are unbanned, it may decrease Archeoid's chances of an unban in the future if they weren't already low enough.

Archeoid

Greytide
This is unexpected. Since both me and MerryMoose were pinned for the same things, I would have expected for our punishments to be the same. The only difference was that instead of feigning ignorance when DM'd, I actually explained my decision making process.

mick1299

Janitor
Game Admin
Archeoid, If you want to discuss your ban then please make a separate post. This thread should only pertain to Merasmus' ban.

I agree with both Terra and Urytion in both regards. You were warned multiple times for your actions, and told your next offence would result in a permanent ban. You also blatantly lied to me when confronted you over the incident. However, I'm happy to give you one LAST chance.

Due to the multiple warnings you received from multiple admins, the ban wont be completely removed. My decision is to reduce the ban length from permanent to one month. The ban was initially placed on the 29th of September, so the new ban will end on the 27th of November. If Terra feels this is too harsh, or too lenient, they can modify the length.

terra

Terra
Host
I agree with Mick's ruling, but I will note that one month from from the 29th will actually be the 27th of October, not November.

Merasmus

Greytide
I don't remember ever being told I was on my last warning, but regardless, im glad that I'll be able to come back eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.