Not open for further replies.

yodajames

Greytide
Byond account and character name: James Flynn
Banning admin: Mcterra
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Metacomming with Thomasmozz (Brodie Flynn
Ban reason and length: Permanent
Time ban was placed (including time zone):2019-10-03 BanID #314 ROUND ID: 2010

I would like to begin by actioning an apology to the administration team of AUS-STATION, to be honest, I never knew my actions of speaking/teaching my friend on Discord the complicated and challenging dynamics of the game would be categorised to be rule-breaking. I understand this now and I would like you all to understand I want to be accountable for my actions. But I truly don't wish to be permanently banned, I am just discovering the game and I really should of read more into the server rules, but there is so much to learn and it is honestly hard to find help but I try so hard. I really hope you take my actions as a mistake rather than intended, I would never go so far to bring disorder and chaos I honestly thought I was just helping a friend but I know this now. Sorry.

Attachments

terra

Terra
Host
Heads up, as the actual banning admin according to your screenshot and ingame records, I am updating your post to reflect that. I'll process your appeal shortly

terra

Terra
Host
After review of the logs I have a few things to point out of note;

Firstly, you broke into chemistry causing Daikyu (Bruce the Butcher) to shoot you have a sleep toxin that knocked you out. After which you were thrown out, you broke back in a second time and were threatened before being kicked out again, after which Bruce the Butcher got lost in maint and you took over chem in his absence, getting kicked out again when he got back.

Second, you specifically denied metagaming in your reply to one of my admin helps: I have admitted to knowing him but we aren't breaking the rules. We are playing the game as intended. We aren't even on discord. We just keep the same last name for RP purposes. Is that a crime?

Third, you never mentioned that either of you were new players and the way you played the game, both of you having knowledge of genetics, chemistry, general medical and combat suggests that you both actually had at least some experience. This is backed up by the fact that your BYOND accounts were created in 2017 (Yours) and 2018 (Your friend's). Neither were new accounts which indicates you were not actually new players. In addition you both accrued enough game time to unlock the geneticist role which on our server requires 60 minutes of gametime, meaning you played at least one prior round.

So current rules broken would appear to be:
Rule 0. Don't be a dick (You broke into chemistry, minor)
Rule 0c. Don't metacomm (Ingame evidence and your admission here, severe)
Rule 0h. Enforcement is at admin discretion (Wildcard, you lied in an ahelp, severe)

As such, unfortunately I have to call into question your excuse that you were teaching a new player, as evidence points to the fact that you both were already familiar with the game controls and even advanced aspects such as genetics and chemistry.

Punishment for metacommunication is severe for a reason, and I'm afraid your excuse is flawed and I cannot accept it.

This appeal is denied unless a full Game Admin from one of the following servers can vouch for your unbanning; /tg/station, yogstation, CM-SS13, /vg/station, Goonstation or Baystation.

In addition, your friend will need to appeal separately if he desires his ban to be lifted. Almost certainly my opinion will be the same, so I recommend he aquire a vouch prior to his appeal to simplify the process.

If you have a good argument to dispute my ruling, this thread will stay unlocked for 48 Hours if you would like to continue discourse.

~Terra

Status
Not open for further replies.